Saturday, June 25, 2011

Metal Stool Love

I picked this metal stool up at an estate sale. I had seen a few on blogland and felt the need to refinsh one for myself!

There was an old sticker that wasn't coming off.



I used KleenStrip to remove the sticker and old finish.



Next I sanded the top smooth and covered it with newspaper to prepare for spray painting.





I wiped down the metal legs and spray painted them with Rustoleum's 2x Lagoon. The blue was a little too bright for me so I wiped it with Minwax Dark Walnut.



Then I stained the wood with the Dark Walnut.



I made a stencil using Microsoft Word and printed it out on card stock. I choose the outline option so I didn't use tons of ink! I then used an exacto knife to cut the number out leaving me a perfect stencil! I secured the stencil with painter's tape and used a small artist brush to paint the number. When the black paint was dry, I waxed the seat with Minwax dark wax.




I can now cross "buying an old metal stool with a wooden seat and refinish it" off my bucket list!

Linking to these great parties:

Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou
Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle
Market Yourself Monday at Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife
Piece of Work Wednesday at Primitive & Proper
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed

9 comments:

  1. how cute it turned out.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stool turned out great! Love the color you used! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great, cute color-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stool! You did a really great job with the stencil, very clean:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Wish I had a place for it! I'd come stealing from you!!!! JK!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooove this!!!! it looks awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on the lookout for a stool, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stool! I had two at one time, and I wish wish WISH I could find some more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much ~ I love your sweet Comments!